In preparation for my trip in a couple of weeks I decided to take a good, long hike. It had been a few years since I had hiked the Gully Lake trail and decided it would be a decent challenge. With the Juniper Head trail added in, it would be a good 17 kilometres.
This was taken at Meguma Falls, an obvious spot to stop and take a few photos. According to the Municipality of Colchester, “Meguma Falls is on the earthquake fault line where the continental plates of Meguma and Avalon collided 380 million years ago.” So that’s pretty cool. I’m a sucker for a nice set of falls but an interesting geological story makes it even better.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/meguma-falls-gully-lake-wilderness-area/
Elsewhere: Twitter, Instagram
Subscribe: post RSS
- Camera: Fujifilm x100t
- Lens: Fujinon 23mm ASPH
- Filter: ND8
- Date: May, 2017
- Aperture: f/16.0
- Shutter: 26/1
- ISO: 200
- Location: 45.5355444444444, -63.0726666666667
- what3words: payoff.slouches.spreading
- Copyright: © 2017 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Peskowesk Brook, October 2013
- Falls at Fairy Hole, Cape Breton
- Juniper Brook, Juniper Head Trail
- Wards Falls, July 2009 (One)
- Wards Falls (Six)