I found myself in downtown Toronto waiting for my sister to get off work. We had tickets to see the Maple Leafs play that evening, an original six matchup with the Boston Bruins. As usual when visiting my sister, I go downtown a few hours early to blast away with the camera and visit some favourite shops. Don’t get me wrong, I love Halifax, but it doesn’t quite cut it for endless amounts of downtown activity, people, traffic and actual tall buildings. In fact, after 5:30 or so it’s pretty much deserted. So I take the shots when I can. On this afternoon I made my way downtown on the subway and found a beautiful bright low sun creating all sorts of great drama with shadows. At that time of the afternoon I was one of the only people walking up (north) on King as most people were heading south towards the train station to make their way home. But there were a few of us on the south corner so I decided to take a snap.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/waiting-king-and-york/
Subscribe: post RSS
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #8 yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+3
- Development: Small tank for 14 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first minute, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: March, 2010
- Location: 43.647879, -79.383544
- what3words: coach.scared.posting
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Waiting, Porter lounge
- Toronto Dominion Tower, January 2008 (Two)
- Toronto Dominion Tower, January 2008
- Afternoon siesta, Queen and Bay
- Pipe and window, Morris Street