The Deception of Livvy Higgs
By Donna Morrissey
Published in 2012 by Viking Canada
For two traumatic days, Livvy Higgs is besieged by a series of small heart attacks while the ghost of her younger self leads her back through a past devastated by lies and secrets. The story opens in Halifax in 2009, travels back to the French Shore of Newfoundland during the mid-thirties and the heyday of the Maritime shipping industry, makes its way to wartorn Halifax during the battle of the Atlantic in World War II, then leaps ahead to the bedside of the elder Livvy.
Tending to Livvy during her illness is her young next-door neighbour, Gen, a single mother and social-work student. Overnight, a violent scene embroils the two in each other’s lives in a manner that will entwine them forever.
- Pages: 288
- ISBN: 0670066052
- ISBN-13: 9780670066056
- Tags: hardcover canadian newfoundland fiction halifax to-read
- Go back to the main list of books
- Previous book: Snapshot Photography: The Lives of Images
- Next book: This Must Be the Place
- Random book: The Design of Sites: Patterns for Creating Winning Web Sites
- Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/books/960/
- Short link: https://cjio.link/960/
- You can subscribe to books on the feeds page