Here’s another window, this time inside Amos Pewter, in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. Whenever I bring someone to the south shore, we typically stop here. It’s a unique shop as they design and manufacture the pewter right in the store. There’s usually someone working in the back, pouring pewter into moulds and explaining the process. The end result is beautiful.
It’s always a treat to see craftspeople at work in a world full of machine-made, mass manufactured crap.
© 2010 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/window-amos-pewter/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #15 deep yellow
- Film: Fuji Neopan 400
- Developer: Rodinal 1+50
- Development: Small tank for 11 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first thirty seconds, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: June, 2010
- Location: 44.449224, -64.382205
- what3words: clustered.migrant.timed
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Blacksmith, Historical Acadian Village
- Door, Warden's Cabin
- Door and window, Warden's Cabin
- Lace Maker, Louisbourg (Two)
- Lace Maker, Louisbourg (One)