Here’s another bit of the awesomeness known as Lawrencetown Beach. Much like this other shot, there’s a trail hidden in the long beach grass that runs along the dunes. This time it was a warm, sunny evening when I decided to ride my bike out there with a colleague along the trail. Gotta love those old rail beds. Surprisingly, there weren’t too many people out there and we had the run of the place.
As the sun was getting low in the sky it was easy to get all the way through a roll. I don’t pull out the colour much, but I’m glad I had it with me. The light was perfect, the breeze gentle, and as simple as it is, the grass makes for a beautiful subject.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/trail-and-grass-lawrencetown-beach-two/
Subscribe: post RSS
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Film: Kodak Portra 160NC
- Developer: C41
- Development: Lab developed in C41 chemistry.
- Date: June, 2009
- Location: 44.64402, -63.34629
- what3words: unbeatable.pasture.retreating
- Copyright: © 2009 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Rolling water, Lawrencetown Beach
- Sumac on Blomidon Beach
- Pebbles and sand, Lawrencetown Beach
- Boardwalk, Sandy Bay Beach
- Sunset, Peggy's Cove Lighthouse (September 2007)