Living next to the ocean you can expect some fog from time to time. Around here, the fog can come quick and heavy. It’s actually very impressive to see. On the day I took this I was walking home from work when the fog started to roll in. When I got home, I quickly grabbed my camera bag and tripod and ran the block down to the harbour. I just had to get some shots in the fog. So when I got down there and noticed a boat in the Tall Ship Quay it was like winning the photography lottery.
I spent less than an hour shooting but got a roll of great foggy shots. I like this one because it really conveys the quiet, dark mood of that afternoon.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/tall-ship-quay-in-fog-july-2008/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Bronica SQ-A
- Lens: Bronica Zenzanon-S 80mm
- Film: Fuji Neopan 400
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+2
- Development: Small tank for 12:30 at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first minute, then four inversions per minute.
- Date: July, 2008
- Location: 44.64310, -63.56744
- what3words: motive.readership.deterring
- Copyright: © 2008 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Wharf light in fog
- Unlawful, March 2011
- Rescue ring in fog
- Georges Island in fog
- Point Halifax in fog