I went camping alone in the very early spring of 1996 — this was the first weekend in April — when there were no leaves on the trees and no one else in the park. After a winter inside I had to get out for some fresh air. That’s not fog in the trees but smoke from my campfire and was another of those perfect timing shots. The air was chilly and still so the smoke drifted ever so slowly through the bare trees. It all made for a perfect black and white photo.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/silent-lake-number-one/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Minolta Maxxum 7000i
- Lens: Sigma 28-70
- Film: Ilford XP2
- Developer: C41
- Development: Lab processed in C41 chemistry
- Date: April, 1996
- Location: 44.91367, -78.05667
- what3words: motorist.stared.hopelessly
- Copyright: © 1996 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Campfire smoke and trees, November 2016
- Birch on Ness Lake
- Afternoon siesta, Queen and Bay
- Waiting, Ferry Terminal
- Lake Ontario, Christmas Eve