I decided to wander around the harbourfront on Natal Day taking photos of whatever I could find. I had a specific purpose for wanting to be there during a busy long weekend as I’m trying to collect some photos for a top-secret photography project I’m working on. It may or may not see the light of day but I’m going to try. Anyway, at the end of one of the piers I found this rope all piled and coiled up. With strong overhead light and natural differences in tones between the three types of rope, it was an easy shot to take.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/rope-three-ways-halifax-harbour/
Subscribe: post RSS
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #15 deep yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Rodinal 1+100
- Development: Small tank for 18 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first fifteen seconds of the first three minutes, then one inversion every three minutes.
- Date: August, 2010
- Location: 44.648420, -63.570224
- what3words: daring.squawk.warnings
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Wharf light in fog
- Unlawful, March 2011
- Rescue ring in fog
- Georges Island in fog
- Point Halifax in fog