I decided to wander around the harbourfront on Natal Day taking photos of whatever I could find. I had a specific purpose for wanting to be there during a busy long weekend as I’m trying to collect some photos for a top-secret photography project I’m working on. It may or may not see the light of day but I’m going to try. Anyway, at the end of one of the piers I found this rope all piled and coiled up. With strong overhead light and natural differences in tones between the three types of rope, it was an easy shot to take.
© 2010 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/rope-three-ways-halifax-harbour/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #15 deep yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Rodinal 1+100
- Development: Small tank for 18 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first fifteen seconds of the first three minutes, then one inversion every three minutes.
- Date: August, 2010
- Location: 44.648420, -63.570224
- what3words: daring.squawk.warnings
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Wharf light in fog
- Unlawful, March 2011
- Rescue ring in fog
- Georges Island in fog
- Point Halifax in fog