There’s always something interesting in the rocks on a headland. They’re exposed to so much wind, weather and water it’s just natural they’d have some personality. I was walking around the end of the headland when I saw this rock overlooking the ocean. I crouched down really low to get this angle, trying to get both the texture of the rock and the horizon in the frame. I really liked the colour palette of this, with the blues of the sky and the ocean, the grey of the rock and the mustardy yellow of the lichen.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/port-joli-head-october-2007-five/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya C33 Professional
- Lens: Mamiya-Sekor 65mm (Chrome)
- Film: Kodak Portra 160NC
- Developer: C41
- Development: Lab processed in C41 chemistry
- Date: October, 2007
- Location: 43.81876, -64.84144
- what3words: anchor.forerunner.hints
- Copyright: © 2007 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Boat and Clouds, Blomidon Beach, August 2009
- Port Joli Head, October 2007 (Three)
- Pleasant Bay, September 2007 (Three)
- Toward PEI
- Celtic Cross, St. Matthew's Church