I’m not sure why I like this photo. Maybe it’s the muted, subtle colours. Maybe it’s the sense of quiet from the empty boats and bay. Cape Breton is a gorgeous place, somewhere I hope to get back to soon. There seems to be an almost endless supply of beautiful scenery and the people are great.
While some other family members went out on a whale-watching boat, I stuck to land to shoot the bay, the shore and whatever else I could find. I’m glad I did as the light was beautiful and there weren’t too many people hanging around as it was later in the tourist season.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
This post is part of Photography.
Previous post: North Pacific Cannery Heritage Site, Port Edward, BC (Number Six)
Next post: Hixon Falls (Five)
Random post: Hollis Street, miniature
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/pleasant-bay-september-2007-three/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya C33 Professional
- Lens: Mamiya-Sekor 80mm (Black)
- Film: Kodak Portra 160NC
- Developer: C41
- Development: Lab processed in C41 chemistry
- Date: September, 2007
- Location: 46.83040, -60.79780
- what3words: detachment.remotest.major
- Copyright: © 2007 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Pleasant Bay, September 2007 (Five)
- Sky over Sydney Harbour, August 2009
- Boat and Clouds, Blomidon Beach, August 2009
- Port Joli Head, October 2007 (Five)
- Port Joli Head, October 2007 (Three)