I was originally drawn to the street signs because, well, my last name is Jones, and anything that says Great Jones needs to be recorded for posterity, in case there’s ever any doubt. Then I noticed the billboard on the opposite corner, overlooking a car lot that you can’t see, and I thought to myself, well now there are a couple of ways this shot could work. One for me, and one for everyone else.
© 2010 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/or-maybe-they-will/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #15 deep yellow
- Film: Fuji Neopan 400
- Developer: Rodinal 1+50
- Development: Small tank for 11 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first thirty seconds, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: May, 2010
- Location: 40.727262, -73.993818
- what3words: fish.accent.thick
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Street festival, 6th Avenue
- Street corner, Times Square
- Police car, Rockefeller Centre
- Pipe and window, Morris Street
- Watched, United Nations