The fog was thick and there was a light drizzle in the air. Perfect for black and white photography I say. So after getting some nice fog shots of the harbour I decided to try and take some shots that would show the thick dampness of the afternoon. I’ve taken my fair share of photos of these life preservers, I find them an interesting subject for some reason. On that afternoon the drops of water gathering on the bottom, the disorganized rope and the fog in the background did it for me. The “Halifax” in dark lettering on the ring finished it off nicely.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/life-preserver-july-2008/
Subscribe: post RSS
- Camera: Bronica SQ-A
- Lens: Bronica Zenzanon-S 80mm
- Film: Fuji Neopan 400
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+2
- Development: Small tank for 12 minutes 30 seconds at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first minute, then four inversions per minute.
- Date: July, 2008
- Location: 44.64747, -63.56879
- what3words: trigger.emulated.headed
- Copyright: © 2008 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Wharf light in fog
- Unlawful, March 2011
- Rescue ring in fog
- Georges Island in fog
- Point Halifax in fog