This is another of my first attempts at night photography. When I went down to the harbourfront I decided to make it a little easier on myself and use some of the artificial light coming from the pier lights. This life preserver ring was perfectly illuminated which made focussing so much easier. I like the shape of the ring and the lines of both the upright poles and the pier wood.
I wasn’t paying too much attention to the background, but I like how the lights of Dartmouth across the harbour create a nice horizontal line.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/life-preserver-at-night-january-2008/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya C33 Professional
- Lens: Mamiya-Sekor 80mm (Black)
- Filter: #8 yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+1
- Development: Small tank for 9:30 at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first minute, then four inversions per minute.
- Date: January, 2008
- Location: 44.64882, -63.57029
- what3words: headings.stubbornly.maybe
- Copyright: © 2008 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Broken light, Dalhousie University
- Bollard at night, January 2008
- Moonlit clouds over Cape Chignecto
- Moonlit clouds over Advocate harbour
- Stoddard House, Barrington Street