I hadn’t been on my bike in a couple of years for one reason or another so I decided it was time to get out for a ride. A co-worker suggested this trail to do after work as it was a well-maintained trail that my crazy three-speed could handle. It was election night so the trail was pretty much deserted (don’t worry, I voted earlier) and there wasn’t even a breeze, a perfect evening for a ride.
We rode all the way to Upper Tantallon and back, a forty kilometre round-trip, something I paid for the next day. It was definitely worth it as we came across these small lakes that were so still they became mirrors.
I love a good rock sticking out of calm water photo, so here’s a nice one. I managed to shoot a whole roll at this spot as we were stopped on an old iron bridge with lots to explore.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/lake-and-rocks-evening/
Subscribe: post RSS
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #8 yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+3
- Development: Small tank for 14 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first minute, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: June, 2009
- Location: 44.69191, -63.86191
- what3words: clearing.shampoo.bewildered
- Copyright: © 2009 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Boat on Northwest Arm, May 2010
- Titan Prometheus at Rockefeller Centre
- Apartment window, evening
- Railing, Inner Harbour (Number One)
- Bedroom light, September 2017