I took a few rolls that day but the images from this roll are my favourite. They have an eerie quality to them that I really like. I’ll be honest though, they’re the result of me screwing up.
I didn’t properly account for reciprocity with this film, so technically, this photo is severely underexposed. I exposed for sixty seconds but I should have exposed for twice that. Normally that sort of thing would drive me nuts, but in this case I’m very happy I wasn’t thinking. Earlier in the day I went into the river up to my chest, so I was a little damp.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/hixon-falls-five/
Subscribe: post RSS
- Camera: Zero Image 2000 Pinhole
- Film: Ilford PanF+ 50
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+3
- Development: Small tank for 12 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for four seconds at the start, then four inversions per minute.
- Date: March, 2001
- Location: 53.44886, -122.55699
- what3words: whereas.bikes.mailed
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Hixon Falls (Six)
- Wards Falls (Nine)
- Peskowesk Brook, October 2013
- Falls at Fairy Hole, Cape Breton
- Wards Falls, July 2009 (One)