This isn’t your typical autumn photo in that there’s no fiery colours. It was taken at the height of leaf change but you can’t tell. Once again, the filtered autumn light provides for stunning light below the canopy and in this case it was right place, right time for me. The sun was just breaking through an opening in the canopy as I was coming up to this amazing tree and rock. All I had to do was put my tripod and camera down, compose and trip the shutter. The angle was easy, the roots and rocks filled the frame and the delicate light was perfect.
It’s one of those shots I keep coming back to, laughing at my amazing luck at coming across it.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/hemlock-on-rock-october-2007/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya C33 Professional
- Lens: Mamiya-Sekor 65mm (Chrome)
- Film: Fuji Pro 160S
- Developer: C41
- Development: Lab processed in C41 chemistry
- Date: October, 2007
- Location: 44.45002, -65.25960
- what3words: scarfs.pancakes.flights
- Copyright: © 2007 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Autumn colours along Mersey River, October 2007
- Sunlight through canopy (October 2007)
- Maple Leaves, October 2007
- Autumn Leaves and Hemlock (October 2007)
- Peskowesk Brook, October 2013