I’ve never liked gulls, they steal your french fries when you go to the beach. Anything or anyone that steals your french fries — or poos on your head for that matter — doesn’t deserve your respect. But, put them in a photo and you instantly think ocean. Gulls that live on the ocean are much bigger than the lake ones I knew growing up, but they are definitely the same on the inside. Buggers. This one at least held his pose long enough for me to take its picture, so this guy is alright I guess.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/gull-and-shack-brier-island/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #15 deep yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+3
- Development: Small tank for 14 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first minute, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: November, 2009
- Location: 44.258325, -66.348498
- what3words: ancient.ranging.mothballs
- Copyright: © 2009 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Blacksmith, Historical Acadian Village
- Moonlit clouds over Cape Chignecto
- Moonlit clouds over Advocate harbour
- Young Birch in winter, Camp Barrachois
- Peskowesk Brook, October 2013