In honour of the Queen coming to Halifax, here’s a photo of where she’ll be staying, Government House. At least I think she stays here. Anyway, it’d be cool if she did since I live kitty corner. I’ve lived all over the place, east, west and central Canada, across the street from and next-door to some interesting characters, but the Queen might take the top of the list.
Anyway, this is the front elevation. The entrance most people know — the driveway on Barrington Street — is actually the rear of the mansion, which faces the Old Burying Ground. It’s also the oldest vice-regal residence in North America. So, I hope to give the Queen a wave on my way to and from work on Monday.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/government-house-april-2010/
Subscribe: post RSS
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #8 yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Rodinal 1+100
- Development: Small tank for 18 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first 15 seconds of the first three minutes, then one inversion every three minutes.
- Date: April, 2010
- Location: 44.643614, -63.570711
- what3words: duplex.shields.amuses
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Stoddard House, Barrington Street
- Magazin General, Louisbourg
- NSCAD University, End of Granville Street
- St. Paul's Church, World Pinhole Day
- Arch at City Hall