Once again, the first thing I shot when I got to the beach was driftwood. This piece was beautifully grey and almost glowing even though it was a cloudy day.
As usual with driftwood I like to get in nice and close to get a unique view of something most people never give a second thought to. I really like how most of the frame is filled with the high-key, light wood, with a dark root coming down from the top, joining the lighter root at the bottom.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/driftwood-blomidon-park-beach/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya C33 Professional
- Lens: Mamiya-Sekor 80mm (Black)
- Filter: #8 yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Kodak XTOL 1+3
- Development: Small tank for 14 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first minute, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: July, 2007
- Location: 45.25611, -64.35033
- what3words: heatproof.slimmer.longingly
- Copyright: © 2007 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Moonlit clouds over Cape Chignecto
- Moonlit clouds over Advocate harbour
- For distant viewing
- Canoe at Site 32
- Trail and Grass, Lawrencetown Beach