Not one but two smokehouse and southern BBQ restaurants opened up in Halifax this year. I’ve tried them both and they’re very good. This one is Q Smokehouse and Southern BBQ on Argyle Street. It’s a quick five minute walk from the office, so every now and then I go in for a treat. They make excellent pulled pork and chicken sandwiches as well as a real Louisiana Po’ Boy in addition to their other smoked meats like ribs and wings. They also make their lemonade fresh when you order it — they squeeze the lemons there and then — and have real Key Lime Pie, flecked with lime and perfectly tart.
As you can tell I like it there. You’ve got to love a restaurant with a communal sink in the middle!
© 2010 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/condiments-q-bbq/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #15 deep yellow
- Film: Fuji Neopan 400
- Developer: Rodinal 1+50
- Development: Small tank for 11 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first thirty seconds, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: July, 2010
- Location: 44.645575, -63.574098
- what3words: padding.converging.prosecuted
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Bedroom light, September 2017
- Blacksmith, Historical Acadian Village
- Pipe and window, Morris Street
- Walk-ups, Bishop Street
- Moshi market