A walk across the Common usually brings something interesting, especially on the weekend. There’s always people playing baseball, football, frisbee/ultimate, and on this day, cricket. I hadn’t seen a game of cricket live in Halifax so I thought I’d stop and take in the action. There was a pretty enthusiastic bunch playing, and they were actually pretty good. Got to see a few wickets go flying. While I was there the clouds were making interesting patterns across the sky, so me not being a sports photographer I decided to point my camera at the sky and get a silhouette of the buildings against the very sunny sky.
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/clouds-over-halifax-common-october-2009/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #15 deep yellow
- Film: Fuji Acros 100
- Developer: Rodinal 1+100
- Development: Small tank for 18 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for 15 seconds each minute for the first three minutes, then one inversion every three minutes.
- Date: October, 2009
- Location: 44.649137, -63.588992
- what3words: teachers.betrayal.merchant
- Copyright: © 2009 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Pipe and window, Morris Street
- Walk-ups, Bishop Street
- Stoddard House, Barrington Street
- Trees in fog, Citadel hill
- Scotia Square, World Pinhole Day