Here’s one from the archives that I’ve been meaning to put back up for a while. I had to go waaay back to 2001 for this one, but it still remains both a favourite of mine and others. I even had it enlarged nice and big and framed as a going away gift for a close friend who moved to more southern and less snowy latitudes in BC.
This was taken on a frozen Ness Lake, a nice lake and community about a 30 minute drive west from Prince George, BC. During that time I had some very good friends who lived out that way. One weekend a few of us decided to bring our ice-fishing gear out there to try our luck. Like much of the winter at that latitude, the sky was gorgeous and clear, the temperature very cold. I don’t remember if we caught anything but there were lots of laughs.
© 2010 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/birch-on-ness-lake/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: None
- Film: Kodak T400CN
- Developer: C41
- Development: Lab developed in C41 chemistry.
- Date: March, 2001
- Location: 54.028419, -123.117721
- what3words: fizzy.disguises.northward
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Hemlock and Heavy Snow
- Young Birch in winter, Camp Barrachois
- Winter, Murray Brook
- Bridge at Peskowesk Brook
- Snow over Nechako River