I’ve had the fortune to have had stayed in some pretty fancy, high-priced hotels in my time. I don’t like rating these sorts of things, but perhaps top of the list is the Park Plaza, in New York City. It’s a special place, no doubt about it. The address is famous, the service is top-notch, and the facilities are world-class. I feel very lucky to have stayed there, in the heart of midtown across the street from Central Park.
This was a corner of the room, in the late evening just before bed. The light from the bedside lamp was gentle, the room was quiet and it seemed like a moment to capture.
© 2010 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/bedtime-may-2010/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya 6 medium-format rangefinder
- Lens: Mamiya 75mm
- Filter: #15 deep yellow
- Film: Fuji Neopan 400
- Developer: Rodinal 1+50
- Development: Small tank for 11 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Agitation was for the first thirty seconds, then five inversions per minute.
- Date: May, 2010
- Location: 40.764250, -73.974143
- what3words: bless.reduce.inner
- Copyright: © 2010 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- 6th Avenue Cafe
- Alone, Grand Central Terminal
- Bedroom light, September 2017
- Blacksmith, Historical Acadian Village
- Moshi market