I hadn’t seen fall colours in ten years so I was more than a little excited to see them and hopefully get a few decent photos. On Thanksgiving long weekend I took a drive a couple of hours from the city to find some colours. I got really lucky as they had popped just a day or two before I went out. Another one of those photography lottery wins of mine.
I had decided to do a short hike that afternoon as well, get into the woods and breathe the fresh fall air. As I was hiking there was lots to get my attention and this red and yellow leaf ever-so-gently resting on some tiny, delicate branches caught my eye. It was the opposite of the huge panoramic hills in full colour that I had in my mind and I think it captures the final days of summer quite well.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/autumn-leaves-and-hemlock-october-2007/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya C33 Professional
- Lens: Mamiya-Sekor 65mm (Chrome)
- Film: Fuji Pro 160S
- Developer: C41
- Development: Lab processed in C41 chemistry
- Date: October, 2007
- Location: 44.45105, -65.25458
- what3words: putts.gracefully.wised
- Copyright: © 2007 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Autumn colours along Mersey River, October 2007
- Sunlight through canopy (October 2007)
- Maple Leaves, October 2007
- Hemlock on Rock, October 2007
- Peskowesk Brook, October 2013