Well, since it’s Thanksgiving and the time of year when the colours are going full blast on the hillsides, I thought I’d post a somewhat postcard-like shot I took a couple of years ago around this time. This year may get rained out so it’s one from the archives.
When I printed this — on the last and now gone wet chemistry colour printer in Nova Scotia — and showed it to my instructor he said it was pedestrian, uninteresting and that I was capable of so much better. He was right of course, but how could I not have taken it. I mean, look at those colours! Yes, it’s very touristy and you couldn’t get more cliché if you tried, but so what. When you have lived for ten years in a part of the country that doesn’t get fall colours like these, well, you get a little excited when you do finally get them, criticism be damned.
© 2009 All rights reserved..
Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/photography/autumn-colours-along-mersey-river-october-2007/
Subscribe: on the Feeds page
- Camera: Mamiya C33 Professional
- Lens: Mamiya-Sekor 80mm (Black)
- Film: Fuji Pro 160S
- Developer: C41
- Development: Lab processed in C41 chemistry.
- Date: October, 2007
- Location: 44.423929, -65.251018
- what3words: museums.tans.horn
- Copyright: © 2007 Chris Jones. All rights reserved. More information.
- Sunlight through canopy (October 2007)
- Maple Leaves, October 2007
- Hemlock on Rock, October 2007
- Autumn Leaves and Hemlock (October 2007)
- Peskowesk Brook, October 2013