Tis the season for homemade liqueur, like my tasty Irish Cream craftily disguised here as basmati rice, just like the bootleggers used to do. It’s not difficult to make, here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup heavy cream (I use 35%)
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and two-thirds cups Irish whiskey (Tullamore Dew is a fine choice)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup (I ran out and made my own today, extra chocolatey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
Combine everything in a blender or jar with tightly fitting lid and give a blast or shake for 20 to 30 seconds. Store in the refrigerator and shake well before serving. Devine!
© 2014 All rights reserved..