All My Puny Sorrows
By Miriam Toews
Published in 2014 by Knopf Canada
Finished reading: November 29th, 2014
Rating: 4 / 5
You won’t forget Elf and Yoli, two smart and loving sisters. Elfrieda, a world-renowned pianist, glamorous, wealthy, happily married: she wants to die. Yolandi, divorced, broke, sleeping with the wrong men as she tries to find true love: she desperately wants to keep her older sister alive. Yoli is a beguiling mess, wickedly funny even as she stumbles through life struggling to keep her teenage kids and mother happy, her exes from hating her, her sister from killing herself and her own heart from breaking.
All My Puny Sorrows, at once tender and unquiet, offers a profound reflection on the limits of love, and the sometimes unimaginable challenges we experience when childhood becomes a new country of adult commitments and responsibilities.
- Go back to the main list of books
- Previous book: Paddle Your Own Canoe
- Next book: As I Lay Dying
- Random book: Tent Dwellers
- Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/books/925/
- Short link: https://cjio.link/925/
- You can subscribe to books on the feeds page