Paddle Your Own Canoe
By Gary McGuffin with Joanie McGuffin, Hugh Trueman
Published in 2003 by Boston Mills Press
Rating: 5 / 5
Illustrated with 600 full-color photographs, this wide-ranging book is designed with both beginner and seasoned canoeists in mind. Gary & Joanie McGuffin, North America’s most celebrated canoeing couple, discuss issues rarely covered in other how-to guides, such as developing fitness and balance.
The book offers first-hand, experience-based instruction on outfitting, reading the river, paddling strokes for all flatwater and whitewater conditions, advanced turns and maneuvers, portaging, safety and rescue techniques - even how to tie a canoe on your vehicle.
- Go back to the main list of books
- Previous book: Photography Changes Everything
- Next book: All My Puny Sorrows
- Random book: The Mabinogion
- Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/books/924/
- Short link: https://cjio.link/924/
- You can subscribe to books on the feeds page