Some Great Thing
By Colin McAdam
Published in 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Rating: 3 / 5
Jerry McGuinty is a simple, self-made builder who claims he can plaster a wall that will change your life. Simon Struthers is a disaffected businessman who proves the old adage about money and happiness. Together they face the new Ottawa of the seventies: brash, bright, and ready for the taking.
With their different careers and successes, these two strangers seek to carve out their own happiness-Jerry with his new wife, Simon with his endless affairs and intrigues. But love can be suffocated by the drive to succeed, and individuals crushed by greed and progress. Only when both men realize what they have to lose will their lives finally intersect, and the story spiral to its astonishing conclusion.
- Go back to the main list of books
- Previous book: Island: The Collected Stories of Alistair MacLeod
- Next book: The Fire-Dwellers
- Random book: National Audubon Society Field Guide to Weather: North America
- Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/books/860/
- Short link: https://cjio.link/860/
- You can subscribe to books on the feeds page