By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept
By Elizabeth Smart
Published in 1992 by Flamingo
Originally published in 1945
Finished reading: January 5th, 2010
Rating: 4 / 5
The long days seduce all thought away, and we lie like the lizards in the sun, postponing our lives indefinitely.
It felt like reading a poem in prose form and like no other book I’ve read it felt very much like being inside the head of the protagonist. The language can be dense which I’m sure will turn some off, but it makes a short novel feel much more substantial.
- Go back to the main list of books
- Previous book: Surfacing
- Next book: The Gourmet Slow Cooker: Simple and Sophisticated Meals from Around the World
- Random book: The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
- Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/books/785/
- Short link: https://cjio.link/785/
- You can subscribe to books on the feeds page