Souvenir of Canada
By Douglas Coupland
Published in 2002 by Douglas McIntyre
Originally published in 2004
Rating: 5 / 5
Full of surprises and insights, Souvenir of Canada presents us as we have never seen ourselves before in an irresistible flow of text and image.
Douglas Coupland offers new ways of seeing and experiencing Canada — looking at how it feels to be a Canadian right now and speculating what it might feel like to be a Canadian in the future. From our collective memories, he locates objects like stubbie beer bottles and ookpiks, Kraft dinner and maple walnut ice cream. And with the same unique sensibility, he considers the FLQ crisis, our relationship with the United States, medicare and the landscape itself.
- Pages: 144
- ISBN: 1550549170
- ISBN-13: 9781550549171
- Tags: canadian softcover photography
- Go back to the main list of books
- Previous book: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
- Next book: You Shall Know Our Velocity!
- Random book: Photographs not taken: A collection of photographers' essays
- Permanent link: https://chrisjones.io/books/769/
- Short link: https://cjio.link/769/
- You can subscribe to books on the feeds page